Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Need an opinion

I'm have finished knitting a cute little outfit for the girl and I'm now in the dreaded "finishing" stage where you sew buttons on and weave in all the ends. I'm happy with the top, but I'm not so sure about the diaper cover. The top has a cute little crocheted trim around the edges. Do you think the diaper cover needs some of the same in the variagated pink? I asked the husband last night and he said yes, but I'm sort of torn between adding some crochet edging and leaving it plain. And if I add some edging, would I add it all over or just certain spots? What do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi, Missy!
Yes, I think it does need the trim in varigated!! I would probably put it only around the leg openings. Saw this sample in GY and wanted to do it for my grand daughter, but would have to enlarge the pattern....not sure I'm ready to tackle that one. Sooo cute!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm . . . if the diaper cover is just hinted at under the top, I would say it's fine as is-- especially since there's a similar stitch pattern in the top. If the cover ends up looking more like "shorts", then I would suggest adding something with the varigated. You could always go for the cliche ruffle across the butt . . .

9:23 AM  
Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

I agree with Carolyn about the edging. It's just too cute though. I love the colors!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote yes. I think you could just do it around the leg portion since that may be the main thing that shows and it would tie the two pieces together better.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home