Thursday, June 22, 2006

No use crying over spoiled milk

I have 2 more things to add to the things that make me NOT so happy list in yesterday’s post:

  • Eight ounces of expressed breast milk down the drain because I forgot to take the bottles to daycare. Which really wasn’t a problem because I could just put them in the fridge when I got home. Except that I forgot to do that too. I realized at 5:00 this morning and had a nice little cry. I know it’s not going to hurt the baby to have formula today, but I was mad at myself because my freaking brain seems to be switched off.
  • Ok, this one is more a confession than anything else. But it makes the list because I’m so not happy about it. I watched a good portion of the Dateline Britney Spears interview with Matt Lauer the other evening. I didn’t intend to, it just sort of happened. I had no interest in it, but I walked through the living room and it was on and the next thing I knew I was sitting there watching it and, get this, getting all teary eyed when she started crying and saying, “We’re people…” Now, no disrespect to anyone who likes Britney, but I have never really been a fan. I like some of her music, but I’ve always thought she was a little bit of a tart (to put it nicely). So for me to sit and watch her on TV is a big deal. But to cry along with her? Can I still blame that on hormones or have I crossed over to a dark place?

Despite all the items I have on the NOT so happy list, things really are going pretty well in my little world. I promise.

3 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

Okay, this ranks right up there with the time you left the boy's clothes soaking in the washer and forgot to take them out and had an almost meltdown at work--remember that?

Hang in there--it will get better.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. Crying with Brittney is DEFINITELY hormones, lol. And crying over the milk sounds perfectly reasonable in my book-- it takes a lot to collect 8 oz!

Times like this are when I find myself singing the song from Finding Nemo: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming . . ."

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HORMONES!!! I did the same thing and thought it was insane because I knew rationally I would never do something like that. Oh and the expressed milk, I would attribute that incident to sleep deprivation. You get a lot of leaway right now with excuses! Uses them while you can!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home