Monday, April 17, 2006

Waiting...patiently

So what’s going on at our house lately? Lots of nesting and lots of waiting. Patiently. 16 days to go and as of last Thursday I was 20% effaced and dilated to 1cm, which means it could still be a while. Over the weekend there was some loss of mucus, lots of pressure on the pelvic bones, and I felt more energized than normal, which are all good signs, but we’ll see what the doctor says when I go back on Wednesday. If there has been no progress, the hubby says we’re going to go walk the mall 5 or 6 times. I told him he’d be lucky if I could walk it once. In the meantime, I’ll continue to wait. Patiently.

Have I been knitting to pass the time while I’m patiently waiting? No. For some reason I am just not motivated to knit wool socks when it’s in the 90’s outside. Even when I’m indoors in the cool A/C, it just seems wrong somehow. So there’s really no telling when I’ll get back to all the partial socks I have started. I have been scrapbooking some, but again I’m not making that much progress. And then there’s the cross stitch birth record that I started for baby girl. I made one for the boy so I feel obligated to make one for the girl. Other than that, I’ll continue to clean and try to get organized and oh yeah, be patient while I wait. I hope to have some news for you soon!

The folks at work had a really nice shower for me and I'll try to share some pics of that tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

THAT'S what I forgot--the shower pics! Shoot!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I didn't knit much either, and now I wish I had, becuase they outgrow stuff so quick that there seems no point in knitting it now. Send me your address and I'll knit you up some (tiny little!) booties that are supposed to stay on, and tell me if you have a color preference . . .

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home