Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Shopping

My good friend KatyaR and I went shopping on Sunday, looking mostly at baby girl items, and I was completely and utterly exhausted by the cuteness overload. Too. Much. Cute. Stuff. I managed to keep myself restrained because we already have a huge sack of hand-me-downs from a very lovely cousin and that should get us through the first 3 months easily. Besides, it’s not like they really need to be dressed all in frilly outfits when they are newborns anyway. We also looked at other general baby supplies and I was trying to take a mental inventory of the items I still have left over from when the boy was an infant (which, by the way, I should just stop trying to remember anything because it’s usually a horrible disaster). So there we were standing there in the aisle at Target and I loudly blurted out “I don’t even know what size nipples I have.” Katya looked at me like I’d lost my mind and I laughed as I realized what I’d just said. I went on to explain that I MEANT to say I wasn’t sure if I had newborn nipples for the milk collection bottles I have at home. She said, “I can’t wait to tell your husband what you just said.”

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

And yet somehow the husband wasn't surprised . . . .

So, have you taken inventory yet? I need to go shopping soon for somebody's shower, and while I have plenty of ideas, I thought I could actually show some responsibility and maturity and get some things you actually NEED as opposed to all the cute stuff. (I know. I joke--it's what I do.)

And seriously--I'm not sure I will ever feel the same way about pink again . . . .

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home