Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The holidays are over

Whew – what a way to wrap up the year. Christmas was wonderful and no family members were harmed, which is a plus. My mom came up from the Eufaula area and gave us, among other things, a stomach bug for Christmas. Even my in-laws got it. Fortunately, it was only a 24 hour bug and amazingly, the kiddo did not get it. But oh my, I haven’t thrown up that much in a LONG time. Not fun. As soon as I started feeling better, I went shopping with KatyaR and we hit a couple of yarn shops and a few wine shops. I miss wine… Then guess what fun thing the hubby and I did to ring in the New Year? We tiled the floor! Woohoo – the fun never stops at our house. Of course, we didn’t finish. We never do. There are just too many projects to do and not enough time to do them. But hey, I can now say that I know how to use a trowel, so that’s something, right?

So anyway, now that 2006 is here, I am making a list of resolutions that I most likely won’t stick to. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Knit projects only from stash yarn. (Unless my LYS or some online store is having an unbelievable sale that I simply can’t pass up.)
2. Become a better, more patient parent.
3. Become a better, more patient spouse.
4. Become more organized in every aspect of my life.
5. Work on my scrapbooks more to preserve those memories that I am so good at forgetting.
6. Try to eat healthier and exercise more.
7. Try to set better examples for my kid(s).
8. Try to remember more birthdays ON TIME this year. (This is a particularly hard one for me.)
9. Try to be a happier person no matter what.
10. Try to be more active and less lazy in every aspect of my life.

No matter what your resolutions are, I wish everyone the very best in 2006. And to KatyaR, you are very much missed here, but I hope you are loving your new job.

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

My resolution this year is to see how many resolutions you can suceed in fulfilling (hee!)--'cuz most of them SHOULD be mine (except the spouse and parent part, of course).

As for the tile, think about it this way--sooner or later it will be done, just tell the husband that everything has to be done by the time Mozilla's born. Then throw him a hormone-crazed look, and I bet he gets the hint.

Miss you, too . . . .

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home