Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Letter to my sock yarn

Dear Koigu yarn that I love in color #P859,

Why do you hate me? I have tried several times now to knit you into a beautiful sock, yet you resist me. Why? Have I offended you? Is it because I have not devoted my full time and energy to making you into something beautiful? I have attempted two different sock patterns – which are lovely patterns, by the way – and you simply refuse to conform. And yet I want to keep trying because you are so soft and I long to have beautiful, warm socks on my cold feet this winter. So I will let you decide this time which pattern you want me to use. What kind of sock do you want to be? And until you tell me, I will work on the other project I have started, a baby sweater for my cousin in Ohio. It’s your choice – become a beautiful sock or spend the rest of your life in a plastic bin in my closet…

Sincerely,

Missy

I honestly don't know where I went wrong. It seemed to be going so well and then I actually tried the sock on. It's freaking huge. I don't know if my gauge is off or what, but this just won't do. If I spend hours (or months) lovingly knitting a sock, I want it to fit. Sigh...

1 Comments:

Blogger Meira said...

Hmmm . . . koigu socks are the best thing in the whole world. Well, after babies . . .

Anyway, what are you doing? What size needles (I think I used 2's) and I want to say about 60 stitches? I'll look it up if you need me to. Keep trying-- they'll be worth it.

Melanie
voirdire.org/subculture

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home