Monday, August 22, 2005

Freedom

I got some good news on Friday. My husband called me and said, “I’ll take the boy off your hands on Saturday.” I said, “Shut UP! Seriously?” He usually teaches a martial arts class on Saturday mornings but they were going to go watch a grappling tournament instead, and he wanted to take the kiddo. Since KatyaR and I were already planning on going to Guthrie Saturday morning to check out the sale at SWAK, well, let’s just say that I was overjoyed. I love my son, but shopping with him? Not so much. It’s as if he becomes obsessed with making my life a living hell and no amount of redirection or threats or bribery in the form of food or toys or anything else sacred to children will change his mind. So as we opened the door and walked into SWAK, I turned to KatyaR and said, “Do you hear that? It’s QUIET.” We were able to shop in PEACE, and really take our time and look at everything and not have to worry about what he was getting into or how he was changing the noise level in the room. It was simply fantastic. And since we didn’t have to be back at any specific hour, we took our time and even visited two other yarn shops. It was a perfect day. And then the stores closed and we had to go home. The end. So a big thank you to my husband for giving me some time to myself this weekend, even though the boy was relatively well behaved (or so he said) at the grappling tournament (perhaps it was the testosterone-laden environment). I guess I was sort of hoping he would behave as he does when he’s out in public with me. Is that wrong?

I’m making good progress on my Mountain Colors socks and I’ll try to post pictures in the next couple of days, as well as show the items I purchased this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

I had fun, too--we must drug the husband into taking the child again at some point.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home