Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Recollections of the past, or maybe not so much

This past weekend I was talking to my husband about the CBS show Rockstar:INXS. I was telling him how much I love the show and how hard it’s going to be for people to vote because all of the singers are so talented. And also, I applaud them for continuing to go on after the death of Michael Hutchence – I’m sure it hasn’t been easy and he can never be replaced, but hopefully this show will net them a wonderful new singer and a whole new INXS will be born. I look forward to that. But I digress. Hubby and I have always loved their music and he said, “Remember when we went to see them at the Zoo Amphitheater?” What? No. We did? I do have a memory of going to a concert with him at the Zoo Amphitheater when we first started dating, but I have no recollection whatsoever of who the artist was. None. Nada. Not even the opening band. I remember other people we were there with and I remember being freaked out because they were friends of friends of his, and they were the really popular kids from my high school and I felt a little out of my league. And when I start thinking about when it could have been, judging from the fact that he worked with one of the guys at the time, it had to be the summer of 86 (Lord, I’m getting old). It wasn’t easy, but I eventually found a website that has tour dates listed for INXS and it shows they were in Oklahoma in August of 1986, so it’s entirely possible they were here at the Zoo and I saw them. But the website didn’t give the venue so there’s no way to verify that. Anyone else out there remember going to that concert? I’m sure if it really was INXS, they totally rocked…

Then he asks me, “Remember the 2nd time we went to see Bon Jovi and that big guy was shoving people out of the way and he told us to follow him and we got to go on the floor of the Myriad?” WHAT? We saw Bon Jovi TWICE???????

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was I with you at the 2nd BonJovi? I'm having a mild memory of that myself?! I clearly remember him walking out on an elevated cat-walk type thing above the audience and being just right there in front of us. Anything...anything...or am I just dilusional?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Kim,

You know, that sounds vaguely familiar. So probably yes, you were. Maybe with Butch? Jeesh, at this rate, I'm headed for alzheimer's at a young age...

2:29 PM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

I think you were both inhaling a little too much to remember anything . . . . :<))

Thanks for putting my button on your page--it looks good!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home