Thursday, June 16, 2005

Making up for lost time

I meant to post yesterday so I could tell everyone to go tell my good friend KatyaR Happy Birthday, but I got busy at work and then the crackhead wouldn’t let me have time to myself at home last night, so I’ll try to make up for it now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE! Everyone please click HERE and go tell her Happy Birthday.

And speaking of birthdays, some good friends of ours had a baby yesterday. Miss Katie J. was born to our friends T & Lisa at 9:30pm and despite being 5 weeks early, weighed an impressive 7lbs, 6oz and was 19” long. Lisa, you’re lucky you had her early because she would have been one honking huge baby! I’ll post a picture (with mom’s permission, of course) after she’s out of the NICU. And I guess that means this weekend I will be busy seaming the baby gift I knitted for them, because you know, it just wouldn’t be right for me to finish a gift on time.

Last night I was going to try to squeeze in a couple of rows on my koigu sock, and to my horror I discovered I lost one of my size 1 DPNs. I still have the 4 that are holding the live stitches on the sock, but the working needle is gone. I have searched the car, the house, everywhere, and alas, it is not to be found. (And before you tell me that I can simply transfer some of the stitches to other needles and just use 4 needles, let me explain that I actually considered this last night and decided against it for the sake of my sanity and the few brain cells I have left. 80 stitches divided by 3, but there’s a ribbed pattern and half of the stitches will be used for the heel. Ouch. Thinking. Too. Hard.) Apparently I am not supposed to have any size 1 DPNs because this is the second time this has happened, except the first time was the entire unopened package. So I took advantage of the last day of SWAK’s 20% off sale and ordered TWO packages. Will this turn into something like KatyaR’s Curse of the Vermont Spindle? Stay tuned…

We have some good news at Casa de Blue Candy. One of the squirrels that was inhabiting our house is dead. My husband set a trap and splat – it was all over! I called him at work and said, “You rock, dude!” Now before you go gettin’ all PETA on me, let me say that these are not cute, cuddly little forest creatures. These are urban tree rats who have CHEWED their way into my house and are living between our upstairs and downstairs floor. And besides the scurrying around and fighting and playing that we hear constantly (which drives my cats nuts too), they are probably pooping and God knows what else in our walls. It was clearly a declaration of war on their part and something had to be done. Now let’s hope we can get rid of the other little bugger without my house turning into a scene from Caddyshack.

Pictures tomorrow of Braden's first dental appointment. Woohoo.

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

Thanks for the b'day wishes!

I wouldn't wish the Curse of the Spindle on anyone! However, you may curse me tomorrow when you get to the office--but I promise I'll make it up to you.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home