Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Not such a great weekend

Reasons I didn’t have such a great weekend:

1. My kid got sick. He had a little bit of a fever, and then just a wee bit of vomiting. Other than that those few things, he was his normal crackhead self (and I mean that in the most lovingly way possible).
2. The first time he vomited, he aimed his projectile curdled milk right into my knitting bag. I had to wash cottage cheese-like chunks off the baby gift I’m knitting. I was far more upset about the knitting bag and baby gift project than the fact that it also went all over my leg, my flip-flops, and the new carpet.
3. The second time he vomited, it was on our bed.
4. I had 2 glasses of wine Saturday night only to wake up with a full-blown hangover on Sunday. Two glasses, people! And I didn’t even have the nice drunk feeling on Saturday night to show for it.
5. The crackhead woke up at the hellish hour of 6:00am during my hangover.
6. I slept most of the day on Sunday. (Ok, that part was actually nice. I haven’t done that in years. However, it wasn’t a good sleep. It was more of a head throbbing, if I could stand up and walk across the room I would totally take an entire bottle of Tylenol type of sleep.)
7. My husband was nice to me for a while, but then he quickly negated all his brownie points by acting like an utter ass over the vomit on the bed episode. Not to worry, he did apologize.
8. Because I slept most of Sunday, I got little to no knitting done. Or laundry. Or house cleaning. But I’m much more bummed over the lost knitting time.
9. While letting the dog outside, I ran into a stack of ceramic tiles that has been sitting by the back door for about a month now, resulting in a scrape and a large bluish bruise on the top of my foot. After saying words that I’m not proud of (out of earshot of the child, thank you very much), hubby removed the tiles.
10. After I was finally awakened at 6:30pm Sunday(two glasses, people – I swear!), we cleaned out the fridge, went out to eat, and then went grocery shopping. We didn’t get home from that until 11:00pm. I’m telling you, the fun never stops at my house.

On the other hand, I finally got to document my most recent yarn stash enhancements:
This is the Knitpicks stuff we have been
waiting on for forever due to the fine service we get from the USPS

This is Lorna's Lace's Shepherd Sport in jeans and black purl, with a little koigu thrown in for good measure, bought at Knitting Zone

And finally, some Jaeger Shetland Aran scored on ebay that is just begging to be a cardigan this fall


And then there was also the time on Saturday when I was playing with my kiddo’s little prism-y looking glass thingamajig. I thought I’d see if it was possible to take a picture through it. How cool is that?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home