Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A little TMI

I highly recommend that every woman start out her day with a trip to the ob/gyn's office for the annual pap. Woohoooo! And I was their first patient of the day. What a lovely, lovely experience. I actually saw the nurse practitioner (whom I love dearly) and she joked that she'd rather see the gyn than the dentist. Ummm, ok. I'll have to think about that one... I have to say, though, that since I switched to a female ob/gyn, my annual experience is not anything remotely close to the painful, awkward, humiliating experience I had with a male ob/gyn. Oh, and then there was the one male family practitioner who didn't close the speculum before removing it. So anyway, I probably won't ever go back to having a male ob/gyn again. I think the women docs are more gentle because they know what it's like. And thus ends the TMI section. Aren't you glad I shared?

The kiddo is starting to show some signs of an Okie twang. He must be picking it up at daycare because his dad and I don't speak that way, but lots of one syllable words are turning into 2 and 3 syllable words. For example, milk is now may-ulk, help is now hay-ulp, head is now hay-ud, etc. Is this just a normal phase of development or something deeper, something much more Southern? Stay tuned...

I'm hoping to be able to share some pics very soon of all the yarn acquisitions I've made recently, but for some reason the USPS is having trouble finding me. KatyaR and I ordered from Knitpicks recently and half the order was on backorder. So they sent what they had through Parcel Direct, which we found out means it comes through the regular mail. I called to have the package traced and was told that it was returned to Knitpicks because it was "undeliverable as addressed." So they resent that half of the order through UPS and we received it promptly. Meanwhile, the 2nd half of our order was filled and shipped also through Parcel Direct. I called 2 weeks later to track that package and their system showed it made it as far as Dallas and then mysteriously vanished. So Knitpicks sent the 2nd half of the order again, but instead of reliable UPS, they sent it again through Parcel Direct. We are currently taking bets as to whether or not it will ever arrive. I fear, though, that my purchases will pale in comparison to those I've seem from just a few of the people who attended the MDS&W festival this past weekend. I'm so envious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home