Monday, April 11, 2005

In need of a serious attitude adjustment

I've been in a bad mood lately. I'm not sure why (perhaps hormones) but my irritation threshhold is VERY low right now. That doesn't mix well with a cute, loveable, irritating, little turd of a boy who loves to torment me at the worst possible times. We took him to a family birthday party on Saturday at a crowded roller skating rink. And he went into full Crackhead mode. We didn't expect him to skate since he's only 3 and he definitely didn't want to. But the child became so hyper that he kept falling down while trying to jump and walk at the same time, so I'm thinking it's probably a good thing he DIDN'T want to skate. And when he wasn't jumping up and down, he was trying to use me as a human jungle gym. Anyway, my aunt, sensing that I needed a break from the Crackhead, offered to babysit Saturday night and let the hubby and me have a night to ourselves. It was wonderful. We went to eat and then to go see Sahara. It was great - lots of action, humor, and several scenes with a topless Matthew McConaughey. What more could you ask for?

Then on Sunday I was slapped in the face by reality when I had some photos developed. Some of the pictures were from Easter and I look like I'm 9 months pregnant. So now I'm extremely motivated to lose the extra pounds that I'm carrying. You know it's bad when your mother-in-law has lost 175+ pounds and she now looks smaller than you. Seriously. Just step away from the fridge already! And while you're at it, get your lazy ass off the sofa and start exercising. But then again, exercising is going to cut into my knitting time. Dilemnas... And speaking of knitting, I'm about halfway through with one of the baby projects I'm working on. I can't show you any pictures because I don't have a digital camera (I'm working on that), but I can tell you that I am loving Tahki Cotton Classic. It's so soft, and it just knits up beautifully.

And finally, I leave you with a picture of my first completed pair of socks. The picture makes the shape of the left sock look differently, but I think it's because I didn't arrange them very well. They actually look pretty similar in shape. The pattern is the basic sock pattern from Knit It! magazine, issue 3 and the yarn is Super Socks color 29 purchased from Yarnela.


Try to have a good Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

So tomorrow if I start screaming "RED!" across the room, you'll know what I'm talking about, right?

(ducks under the desk)

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home