Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The great LYS sale weekend

Well, the hubby and I had to go to Guthrie on Saturday to get our taxes done, and it just happened to be at the same time that SWAK was having a 20% off sale! What a fabulous coincidence! Clearly it was meant for me to go. So I picked up a few things:


I got 2 different colors of Tahki Cotton Classic, 2 colors of Rowan Big Wool, one ball of Trendsetter Vintage, 2 balls of KFI's Flutter, some bamboo circs, and the Fiber Trends Flower Basket Shawl pattern. Even though I just spent a small fortune at SWAK a couple of weeks ago, I justified my weekend purchase by telling my hubby that the majority of it is for gifts. I'm not saying for who or why just in case someone is reading this...

The best thing about our trip was the kiddo. He was a complete angel. Seriously. We stopped to eat at Granny Had One and he behaved beautifully. We even had 2 ladies sitting at the table behind us comment on how good he was being. I was all "what happened to my little spawn?" But really, I was very proud. It's one of those moments where you realize that there is hope and you're not destined to be confined to your house forever because your little crackhead doesn't know how to act in public despite your repeated attempts to teach him how to behave. There is peace in the universe and having kids really isn't so bad. Maybe we should try for another. Or would that be tempting fate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home