Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Leaving on a jet plane

Can I take a moment to brag about my lil guy? Of course I can. It's my blog. So yesterday I took him to get his hair cut after I got off work and picked him up from daycare. He was a complete angel. (I am aware of the fact that by bragging on him like this, I am just asking for an episode of such great magnitude where I will swear that he is behaving so awfully that he couldn't possibly be my child, but I will continue nonetheless.) Keep in mind that his last haircut was the first that he ever received without needing to sit on a parent's lap. This time my big boy climbed up the chair and sat on top of the booster (yes, my child who hates boosters actually sat on one) without any qualms and then...he actually let the girl put the cape on him. I. Was. So. Proud. And for being so good they gave him a sucker AND a balloon. He was in heaven until the balloon burst, but that's a story for another day.

Here's a picture before haircut:


And one after:


So did anyone else watch the finale of The Contender last night and cry? Anyone? No? Ok then, um, I didn't either. I wanted Sergio to win because he wanted the million dollars to provide a better life for his mother. If you are a mother, feel free to say "Awwwwwww" right along with me. Ever since I heard him say that episodes ago, I have been pulling for him. And last night he won. So that's why there were, um, no tears in my house last night. Most people who know me would be surprised to learn that I am a huge boxing fan. What they probably wouldn't be surprised about is the fact that I'm a totally emotional freak.

I'm not sure if I'll be blogging much in the next few days as I'm hopping a plane tomorrow morning for Ohio. Braden and I are going (as are my mom and aunt) to see the family there. Please send good thoughts and prayers for uneventful flights. The hubby couldn't take off work at this particular time so he will be taking care of the house, and I have given him only 2 jobs to do. First, he needs to fix the leak underneath the bar sink. Secondly, he needs to kill the squirrels who have decided to chew holes into the side of our house so they can live between our 2 floors. I have no problems whatsoever with killing the little critters either as they have started watching us from the arbor outside the big picture window in the living room and mocking us, not to mention the fact that they are damaging our house. I told hubby that maybe we should hang their little dead carcasses from the arbor as a warning to other squirrels who might think about taking their place. Or maybe we could even put their little heads on sticks. I promise I'm not demented - I just hate them THAT much, and I hope the little bastards are dead by the time I get home. Normally I love and have the utmost respect for all creatures great and small, but these critters have crossed the line.

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

You've just cursed your plane flights, you know that, don't you?

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home