Monday, June 20, 2005

Cursed

The Curse of the Size 1 DPNs has struck. I got an email Friday stating that the 2 packages I ordered on Wednesday are on backorder. Clearly it's a message that I am not meant to knit with Size 1 DPNs. And I will obey...for now. The koigu socks will just have to sit patiently and wait. Besides, it's not like I don't have a closet full of projects I can work on and a stash of approriately-sized needles for those projects. Maybe this would be a good time to try some lace. But that will have to wait until I finish weaving in all the ends on the baby cardigan I'm making. Finishing a garment (sewing in sleeves, seaming, weaving in the ends) is without a doubt my least favorite part of the process. And this was made all the more painful by the fact that I couldn't pick up and knit a decent-looking button band on this little sweater to save my life. I attempted it twice as the pattern was written and it looked like crap. I tried doing it my own way and it still looks like crap, but not as crappy as my other 2 attemps so I'm leaving it like it is and dealing with it. So as soon as I finish weaving in all the ends, I'll post a picture so you can see the crappiness in all its splendor.

Pictures
(click to enlarge)
This is the adorable Baby Katie who will receive the crappy sweater. She clearly deserves better. (Sorry, I know the picture is dark, but I was trying to take a picture without the flash so I didn't wake her up.)


And here she is with her mommy, Lisa.


Braden had his first dental appointment recently, and I promised pictures, so here they are. The first pic shows how little trust he had in the assistant. You should have seen his eyes when she pulled the x-ray camera away from the wall. He started saying "Noooooooo!" and she quickly put it back.

And this pic shows the dentist explaining that she's going to brush his teeth with some "special toothpaste" AKA fluoride sealant. He really liked her and it was the coolest dentist's office I've ever seen. I wish I had gone to a pediatric dentist when I was young.


And the last picture I will share is of the new love of my life, Beatrice. See how beautiful she is:

I bought her from Patternworks at 1/2 off because she is being discontinued. And I bought all they had in that colorway so I might have to get a wee bit more from someone else and hope that the dye lot is similar enough so as not to be noticeable. But I just couldn't resist. She's unbelievably soft and going to be a sweater that I will keep all to myself because I'm stingy that way. Ahhhh, merino...

Father's Day

We had an incredibly lazy Father's Day yesterday and the hubby insisted that he didn't want me to cook him anything for breakfast (I wasn't sure if I should be flattered that he didn't want to trouble me or offended that he thought my cooking might be bad.) so I really didn't do anything special for him other than not nag him about the lack of progress on the ongoing remodeling. He had a very relaxing day of doing nothing and then last night we went out to eat. The only thing we bought him were cards because he said the only thing he wanted was a robotic pool cleaner. Really? Is that all? Do you know how much those freaking things cost????? If he buys one, I better get an upgrade on my Mother's Day gift next year. That's all I'm saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home