Wednesday, July 27, 2005

PMS lives

I woke up feeling angry and more impatient than normal this morning and, of all freaking mornings, my son picked today to throw a series of screaming, kicking tantrums. At one point he realized that I was tuning him out and he started screeching even louder. A few hours later I found out exactly why I was feeling so bitchy when my monthly visitor arrived. I once had a doctor (a male doctor and a complete quack, go figure) tell me there was no such thing as PMS. I’m here to tell the world that he was wrong and wrong in a big way. Today I am living proof of PMS. Or I guess that would technically now be MS. Or whatever… But I am happy to report that Mother Nature was sympathetic and chose today to grace us with cooler temperatures. In fact, dare I say it was even a little chilly when I left my house this morning. Chilly in July…gotta love that.

There has been no knitting progress at my house for the past week and a half. It’s just been too hot. Or there have been a ton of house-related or family-related things that took precedence over the knitting. Alas, my poor knitting suffers. And we won’t even mention the fact that 2 babies have arrived and have yet to receive knitted gift items from me. Add to that the fact that I also have 2 cousins expecting in the near future and you will see how I am setting myself up for failure. Of course, I could always just give the babies something else, something purchased perhaps. But somehow my PMS-laden, irrational mind won’t even consider that. So please, for the love of God, do not tell me if any more of my friends or relatives become pregnant. At least not until I have a better plan in place, ok?

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

I can assure you that you will not need to make me any type of baby gift in the near or not-so-near future.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home