Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fourteen

I can hardly believe it, but yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary. 14 years. Wow. We didn’t do anything special because of the hubby’s crazy working hours, but we did meet for dinner after I picked the kiddo up from daycare (plus my mom is coming to babysit this weekend so we can have a proper date). However, we did talk on the phone for a while earlier that morning and he told me that if he had to do it all over again, he definitely would, which was really nice to hear. We’re not a particularly romantic couple, mostly because that’s just not his nature and I learned a long time ago that you can’t change your spouse or force them to be someone they’re not. But we still hold hands sometimes and he still opens my car door and we still snuggle when we get the chance. We’ve been through a lot, and there have been many times when we did not get along, but we have grown together and (I hope) learned from our mistakes. There are many reasons we have lasted so long, but I like to think that one of the main reasons is that we have a mutual respect for each other as individuals. My husband is a good provider for our family and he’s never been jealous or abusive, and when I tell him that I need a little bit of time to myself, he does whatever he can to give that to me. He’s also a great father. I can’t imagine going through life with any other partner. Babe, I love you deeply and I hope we have many more years together.

1 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

You guys were so CUTE!!!

Happy anniversary!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home