Monday, September 26, 2005

The post in which I reveal the depth of my insanity

It’s no secret that sometimes I struggle with motherhood. And judging from the sheer number of parenting books available, I would say that I am not alone. It’s also no secret that my son sometimes drives me a little crazy, hence the name of this blog. But the funny and sweet things he does far outweigh the things that make me crazy, and overall my husband and I have found parenthood to be very rewarding. So we decided to try for another baby. Are we insane? Probably. I am pleased to announce that after trying for one year, we are finally successful, and I am approximately 8 weeks pregnant. I’ve known for about two weeks and I have hesitated sharing the good news because it was so early and anything could happen (and still could), and also because one of my family members had some really bizarre, unexpectedly negative things to say regarding this pregnancy. Nevertheless, I am sharing the news now. And you want to know the really bizarre twist in all this? My due date is May 3rd. How weird is that? It’s not likely I’ll have the baby on that exact date, but it still gives me some hope that I can replace some bad memories of that day with some happy ones. And even though this pregnancy is likely to bring many more years of blue candy, I say bring it on.

PS: If you have emailed me lately, please be patient in waiting for a reply. I have been feeling a little sick lately, and when I’m not feeling sick, I’m just freaking exhausted. With my son this lasted only the first trimester so I’m hoping the same for this pregnancy and hoping that it doesn’t last the whole 40 weeks. Please God, no.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

I hadn't ever gone through your archives so I didn't know about your survival of the May 3rd tornadoes. I remember that night so well. I was living in Ponca City at the time...but I remember watching it all on tv. It was crazy.

I'm so glad you survived and I'm so glad that you have a new addition coming in May to make some happy May memories for you instead of all the scarey onces.

Congratulations!

4:43 PM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

I've already done my happy dance, so here's the really important question:

What do you want for your birthday?

Inquiring minds want to know.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Meira said...

Congrats!

Melanie
voirdire.og/subculture

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home