Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Doom and gloom

It’s 90 degrees here today. 90, which tops the record 85 set in 1976. Then we are getting a cold front and the rest of the week it will be in the 60’s. 60’s are still higher than normal for this time of year. Yet the current prez and his administration continue to say there is no such thing as global warming. My ass…

And speaking of my ass, I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I got out of the shower today, and you know what my first thought was? I look EXACTLY like Gloria the hippo on Madagascar. If you haven’t been lucky enough to see this movie 500 times as I have, here is what she looks like:

Right now I look exactly like her except not as gray and without the happy face. I still have 9 weeks to go with this baby and while that doesn’t sound like a long time, to a hippo-like, miserable, pregnant woman who gets kicked in the bladder all day, it’s a freaking eternity. My sacroiliac joint is doing funky things every time I wake up in the morning or sit for long periods of time, which is pretty much all day long because I don’t have the energy to do anything right now. I’m exhausted. And now the boy has decided to drive me insane by telling me he can’t do anything.
Me: “Honey, please pick up your shoes.”
Him: “I CAN’T!!!!”
Me: “Why can’t you?”
Him: “Because I just CAN’T!”
I don’t know who taught him this “can’t” word, but if I find out, it’s not going to be pretty.

I know it'll be over soon. I just need to buck up and keep my eyes on the goal here, which is a healthy baby. I CAN do this. (But I still reserve the right to bitch about it.)

Knitting update: I have no knitting to show right now because life sort of got in the way of my knitting plans. I’m still working on the Batman and Spiderman socks, but it’s just going to take a little while. I promise I will try to post pictures soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

Fat, schmat--you're glowing, don't you know? :<)))

I can sympathize about the uncomfortableness, and I'm not pregnant. It seems like I'm stiff every time I get up from a chair. I'd say I need to exercise, but I don't want to lose my head . . . .

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, mama! (Like you have a choice, ha!) Bitch all you like and try to remember this will be over before you know it and the blink of an eye, you'll be thinking you'd do it again.

At least, that was my experience. I swore to myself when I was pregnant with the twins that I was NEVER going to be pregnant EVER again. Everything hurt, I was constantly very tired, hormonal and moody! Ugh. And now I'm like, 'I want more babies! More! It wasn't that bad! I could do it!"

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home