Monday, April 24, 2006

Random thoughts while still waiting

So I think the baby is teasing me. Not quite 2 weeks ago I started feeling tons of pressure in the pelvic region and my bones were aching. I took this as a good sign that things were progressing and that she was headed down into the birth canal. Now, not so much. The pressure and pain sort of come and go now and they are gone most of the time. I still feel her moving around periodically so I know she’s ok, but it’s almost as if she keeps changing her mind or something. Can babies do that – enter the birth canal and leave at will? Is there anything I can do to encourage her to STAY in the birth canal? My son didn’t do this so I have no point of reference here. I can tell you though that with the boy we went 4 days past the due date and I have a feeling we're in for a similar situation now.

On the weekends I have been nesting and trying to stay busy to keep from obsessing over how much I would like this little darlin’ to vacate my body. Apparently the husband has caught the nesting fever as well as he decided yesterday would be the perfect day to clean out the garage. Never mind the fact that I’ve been asking him for 3 weeks to help me vacuum and mop the entire house (I loathe vacuuming and mopping). Now there are 2 things that could happen: a) I get sick of hearing the boy freak out over finding dog hair on his socks and I go ahead and vacuum, or b) the husband vacuums while I’m at the hospital recovering from delivery. Stay tuned…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a mother-in-law to come an clean?? Why don't they realize they're supposed to do these things?


On the upside, I finished the booties and they will be in the mail tomorrow!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in . . . ;o)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home