Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Still waiting

I left the doctor’s office today and felt like crying because there has been little progress in effacement and dilation since a week ago. She tried to make me feel better by telling me that with 2nd babies, sometimes they don’t see any progress and then the mom just sort of “goes all at once.” So I don’t know if I should interpret that as it could be any time or what. I guess we will begin utilizing the advice we’ve been given the past few weeks. I’ve been told to walk, eat spicy food, eat pizza, take a ride over bumpy roads, have sex, take castor oil, and get a foot massage. I’m thinking at this moment I could really go for some pizza and a foot massage. And absolutely no way am I taking castor oil. Anyone want to guess which one would be at the top of hubby’s list?

Shower pics
Here’s a picture of all the wonderful gifts that were given:









My good friend KatyaR was there and she brought a SHITLOAD of goodies in a big ass bag, including this adorable little outfit that I love:



















But what was my husband the most excited about? This:



















I’m not kidding. He was ecstatic over the diapers and wipes. Good thing because he’s going to be using a lot of them.

But the funniest part of the shower was the cake:













Somebody needs to either learn to spell or get out of the cake decorating business. I'm just saying...

3 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

Well, I've never heard of baby shower gifts being called "a shitload," but since you're extremely PREGNANT right now, I'll let it go.

I'm ready for Mo to be here--NOW!!!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- maybe the cake was trying to imply that she'll be a chatty thing-- blabbing, babbling . . .?
Ok, maybe not.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah and I took castor oil with the first and NO WAY am I EVER doing that again. I'm just sayin' lol

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home