Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Updates

Wow – It’s been a while since I last posted. I honestly think about posting frequently but it always seems like something comes up that needs my attention or the baby starts crying or wants to nurse. So here are a few bullet points to catch everyone up:
  • Last week we took Kelsey to the doctor and she was up to 6lbs 0.5oz so I would say that nursing is going extremely well. I’m taking the boy for his belated 4 year checkup tomorrow and the doctor said we could weigh Kelsey “just for fun.”
  • Baby girl wants to be held all the time, even when she’s asleep. While I certainly don’t mind holding her 24/7, I am feeling a little bit of guilt at the dishes and laundry piling up so eventually I succumb to the guilt and let her fuss a little bit. Like today when we ran out of forks. Plus I need the occasional shower. She won’t take a pacifier either – unless you count the breast.
  • Braden is adjusting nicely at home, but he is being very aggressive and getting in trouble at daycare. Things should really get interesting next month. Since he’ll be starting pre-K in the fall, we have to change daycares to one much closer to our house that will provide transportation to and from school. He starts at the new daycare in 2 weeks.
  • I cannot describe the extreme guilt I am feeling at the thought of going back to work in 3 weeks. The school where the boy will be going to pre-K is right around the corner from our house and I would love nothing more than to walk him to school every day. We made a budget and it just doesn’t look like it’s possible right now though, even when you consider that after paying for 2 kids in daycare and gas to and from work I’m only contributing about $6,500 a year to the household. I looked into some of the work at home scenarios but they all seem to involve some type of direct marketing situation, and I am definitely not a salesperson.
  • One word: hormones. I think a certain amount of tears and sleep deprivation-induced irritability is pretty normal after having a baby, but it still sucks. I don’t really feel like I have full-blown PPD yet, but we’ll see how things are going in a couple of months.
  • The other night my husband was upstairs with both kids while I was trying to get 5 minutes on the computer to respond to a few emails. Apparently the girl got fussy so he sent the boy downstairs to tell me, “Mom, the baby needs a boob!” Nice… I can’t wait for him to say that in public.
  • Mother’s Day was kind of a bust here at our house. The hubby didn’t get me a card or a gift, and as an afterthought decided to take me out to eat. Which is fine really because it’s not as if I NEED cards or gifts, but at least an acknowledgement of Mother’s Day would have been good. Or not acting like an asshole – that would have been a great gift too. But perhaps I set my standards a bit too high. Oh well, that’s ok. Father’s Day is coming soon.

    And that’s really about it. Here are some pics to enjoy:

These last two show the booties that Meira made. Aren't they gorgeous?

4 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

Wow, her legs look so long--such a cutie!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby's not good at sleep deprivation, huh? Mine wasn't either. And OMG the fights we had in the early days-- horrible things, unlike any we had before or since.

Sigh. If I were rich and lived nearby, I'd come do your dishes and give you the $541/month.

Instead I will oh-so-subtly mention how happy I am that I started *zoloft when the twins were a couple weeks old.

And send hugs.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I totally relate to most of your post. With two little ones, I was so on-the-edge I don't know how I did it, but I got through. I knew that I wouldn't be any good at work in the condition I was in. I agree with Meira in that meds are the way to go. I did the prozac thing and I think it was just enough to take the edge off my anxiety so I could cope. I feel for you in the all the transitions about to happen. I hope for the best for you. I love the booties. Meira is just the best person!

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now it's REALLY been a long time since you've updated. How are ya?

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home