Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just things...

Things that make me happy:

  • Baby smiles and coos. Seriously, is there anything else better in the world than having a baby smile at you? Or coo? When she’s really alert, she makes the most adorable faces and pumps her arms excitedly and coos. It totally makes me forget about most of the things on the NOT so happy list below.
  • My cousin is having a baby in the near future and in looking for a pattern to make for her new arrival, I am feeling inspired to knit again. I love knitting because it helps me go to a very Zen place. Until I make a mistake, but this is the happy list so we won’t go there.
  • The Yarn Harlot is coming to Oklahoma City in July! KatyaR and I have already RSVP’d for the book signing reception and the husband has already told me he will babysit. Now I just have to decide whether I’ll take a sock in progress that I’ve already started (such as Braden’s Batman socks or the toe-up socks for hubby) or start some new ones. Decisions…

Things that make me NOT so happy:

  • Two different people yesterday asked me when my baby is due. I guess that’s just the push I needed to make a lifestyle change. It’s about time I finally do something about my weight. And I’m not talking about the 24 pounds of baby weight (of which I only have 7 left). I’m talking about the 60-70 pounds of fat that I have been carrying around for about as long as I can remember. To celebrate my new resolve to lose weight, I ate a package of Grandma’s vanilla sandwich cookies and washed it down with a sugary Sprite.
  • The boy decided to wait until just recently to show us his jealous side. If you are holding the baby (which you must do frequently – babies like to be held, and let’s not forget about nursing), he will barrage you with “Look at me” or “Mom, look at this” over and over and over until you want to rupture your eardrums with knitting needles. Then he starts acting up and doing things to get in trouble because even negative attention takes attention away from the baby. All I can say is that I hope this stage doesn’t last very long because he’s inches away from my last nerve.
  • My husband is leaving Sunday for Kansas City to do some training for work. He will be gone almost a week. A WEEK, people! A week by myself with the sweet baby and the jealous crackhead driving me crazy. I hope he sends reinforcements.
  • At work yesterday I went downstairs to get the mail and when I got back to my desk, my boss was sitting there reading my email inbox. He made comments like, “KatyaR sure is emailing you a lot.” Even though I could feel my blood pressure spike, I was able to restrain myself from saying something that I would dearly regret. Well, actually that’s wrong. I don’t think I would regret SAYING something to him, but I would regret not having the money this job pays.
  • Two words: sleep deprivation. I’m very lucky in that she only wakes me up once a night and I'm really starting to get used to it, but damn it messes with the brain. Memory? What’s that?

I know there are more things to add to the lists but I have to stop there because I can’t remember what they were now.

3 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

Firstly, I want the names of those two people so I can beat the crap out of them--honestly!

Secondly, tell your BOSS (jackass that he is) to quit snooping in your stuff. Doesn't he ever know when to quit?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I don't know the lady's name because she's temping on another floor. The other person was one of the guys in Telecommunications. And you know my boss, he loves to stir things up. But I hardly ever have to see/talk to/hear from/deal with him so I can handle these occasional tactless episodes. But yeah, he is an ass...

11:54 PM  
Blogger ang said...

I was at the walmart with my husband and the cashier asked wnen I was due... Okay my baby is now 6 and I am not pregnant. It wouldnt have been so bad if he wasnt there. I was embarassed. The lady was apologetic and genuinly looked like she was sorry and she tried to make it better by saying oh now that youre not right behind the counter I can tell youre not pregnant! I dont have alot of extra weight 34 pounds and its all in my mid section.... I will never ask when someone is due unless they are in labor and delivery lol.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home