Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Three months

I can hardly believe it has been 3 months. Didn’t I just give birth yesterday? Jeez… So anyway, what can I tell you about Miss Kelsey lately? She smiles all the time and has started vocalizing more with the most adorable little noises. She has excellent control of her head and neck and likes to sit up so she can see everything. She also likes for you to hold her upper body while she stands up, and she can actually support her own weight for a little while. She usually only wakes up once a night for a quick feed, and she is a great sleeper. At the risk of jinxing myself, I will go so far as to say she’s an incredibly easy baby. She only poops once every few days and she seems to go more at daycare than at home so the odds of me actually changing a poopy diaper are amazingly low. How awesome is that? Of course, if I do happen to be the lucky one who gets to change her, it more than makes up for all the ones I might miss. But that’s enough about that. I know what you really want to see are the pictures, right? Well, here you go:

An incredibly generous coworker of the husband gave us a wicker laundry basket filled with goodies for the kids. I was blown away by this gift because she had made two quilts and a crocheted afghan. And as if the handmade gifts weren’t enough, she also included a Build-a-Bear for each kid. Kelsey's bear is just a little bit bigger than her right now.

But wait – there’s more. Each bear was wearing an outfit and she sent along an additional outfit for both bears. The boy’s additional outfit was a fireman’s uniform. If there is anything in this world that the boy absolutely loves, it’s firefighters and firetrucks. After asking me to help him change his bear into the fireman’s uniform, he found last year’s Halloween costume and put it on. I can already see us dropping a fortune at the Build-a-Bear stores in the future or, heaven forbid, having a birthday party there. Guess I better start saving now.

I think it’s also safe to assume that he loves his quilt. You probably can't tell in this picture, but this quilt is machine stitched in a fancy swirl pattern.

Here are better pics of Kelsey's quilt and afghan:

It reminds me of little fences or partial train tracks. It's very cool.

And lastly, a couple more Kelsey pictures:
Milk Belly

Aunt KatyaR got her the hat and we just HAD to buy the matching bikini. She seemed to enjoy the water too.

That's all for now. Stay cool out there!

9 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

OMGoodness Missy, she is just a doll!The boys are just adoreable too, but I'm a little partial to baby girls since I have two myself.

Your co-worker went above and beyond completely. What a lucky person you are!

2:50 PM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

See, I didn't buy the swimset because I wasn't sure she's be getting into the water this summer, but oh, she's so cute in it! I think that blue looks really good on her.

(Kelsey--this is your auntie sucking up BIG time . . . .)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thank you, procrastiknitter. I'm pretty proud of them both. :-)

KatyaR, I honestly didn't think I would get her in the pool this year. In fact, I told Brent no at the beginning of summer when he wanted to buy her a swimsuit. But then the freaking hot weather seemed to change my mind...

3:35 PM  
Blogger TexInTheCity said...

HOLI MOLI THOSE ARE SOME CUTE KIDS!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's so incredible to watch our children grow! God bless.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how absolutely adorable the pictures were! I hadn't heard of the build a bear, but I will check it out. That coworker must really like your husband! What a load!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment, missy!those kids of yours are seriously cute. and anyone who calls their boy "crackhead" is okay by me. :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Your kids are adorable! Simply adorable! You've got a couple of future heartbreakers on your hands!

1:04 AM  
Blogger kaoticorchid said...

What adorable babies! Such wonderful pictures-they definitely tickle my maternity nerve.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home