Friday, July 07, 2006

Actual knitting content plus a Kelsey update

Last week I ordered the yarn to make a gift for my cousin’s baby, which is due at the end of August, but I had the urge to knit something while waiting for the yarn to arrive. I have 4 different projects at home already on the needles, but did I work on any of those? Of course not. I started this for Kelsey:


It’s the Swing Set from this book (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE). I’m doing it in Berroco’s Cotton Twist in the colors Radish and Uncle John’s Band. It will soon be abandoned so I can do some infant hats to promote breastfeeding awareness and so I can make the sweater for my cousin, but I have a feeling I will be rushing through those projects so I can get back to this one. Oh, and I also made a wonderful discovery: I can actually knit while nursing. This is huge for me because my girl likes to nurse. A lot (mostly more for comfort than actual hunger). So now instead of feeling misplaced guilt over not getting something done around the house while she’s nursing for an hour, I feel like I’m accomplishing something. Awesome!

Kelsey laughed for the first time 2 nights ago right after her bath. I was playing with her while putting her diaper on and she started laughing. Luckily the hubby was home so he could witness it. We started laughing because she was obviously having a good time and then she got even more tickled and started giggling. I ask you, is there anything more precious? And then last night during her bath she farted very loudly and it reverberated off the bottom of the baby bathtub and she chuckled again. She is her father’s daughter.

At her 2 month checkup last week she was up to 9lbs 10oz and 21” long. Plus her head had grown 3” in circumference since she was born (thank God her head was tiny when she was born). Here are some pictures taken that day:

The bandaids on her legs are from the 4 shots she received. Four!!!

But she was still all smiles...

3 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

My munchkin is getting sooo big--I can't believe it!

I need to see that book . . . .

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww . . .she's really really cute. I love that smile!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures! Amazing multi-tasker you are...to knit and breast feed and you are probably listening to something too. WOW!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home