Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Yarn Harlot comes to OKC

I have been in the presence of greatness. The Yarn Harlot was in OKC last night and she rocked! If you enjoy reading her blog, that is exactly how she is in person, only times 10. She is funny and charming and approachable, and just the type of person that you could see yourself sitting in a bar drinking with and telling stories and laughing (and knitting) until the wee hours of the morning. She spoke to a crowd of about 120 people before going over to the reception/book signing. And let me just say that she was hysterical. She could seriously venture into stand-up comedy – she’s THAT funny. My cheeks actually hurt because I hadn’t laughed so much in such a long time. At the end of her speech, she told us that we had to sing her a song and someone immediately broke into the song “Oklahoma.” Before you know it, the entire audience was singing at the top of their lungs. The ladies in front of us were singing too and then one turned to the other and said “Why are we singing this song? We’re not even FROM here!” They turned out to be from Arkansas. Anyway, it was an incredible evening and I can only hope that Stephanie enjoyed visiting us as much as we all enjoyed seeing her. If she comes to your city (or even close to your city), I highly recommend going to see her. You won’t be disappointed.

Go HERE to read Stephanie’s account of the evening and to see all the neat OKC places that the sock visited. And to see more pictures, including a picture of the cute cake, go HERE.

Also, thank you for all the encouraging words last week when it was hotter than hell outside and I had issues with the boy child. After venting on Friday and then getting great sleep Friday night and waking up to MUCH cooler temperatures on Saturday morning, my attitude was greatly improved. Then the husband gave me plenty of sanity time over the weekend, and I’m happy to report that things are much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home