Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Breath of hell

Dude, it's freaking hot outside. The current official temp here in OKC is 106. A coworker came back from lunch today and proclaimed "It feels like the breath of hell outside." She's not lying. Here's what my car temp showed yesterday on the drive home:


One hundred nineteen degrees. Breath of hell, indeed. A record-breaking heat wave is happening across the entire nation. Would the Bush Administration kindly like to restate their position on global warming and how it doesn't exist?

3 Comments:

Blogger TexInTheCity said...

I no longer fear hell because I have lived through several humid Houston summers. Now I will thank my lucky stars that I don't have to suffer 106 degrees on my drive home. 106 is radio station, it should never be outside temp!

5:04 PM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

We're supposed to drop into the 80s by the weekend--hallelujah!!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I lived in Phoenix, the inside of the car would get like that. It was so ridiculous! Hope it starts too cool off, but we haven't even hit August yet...yikes!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home