Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Big boy

The boy officially started school on Monday. He goes to pre-K for 2 ½ hours each day, and so far he really seems to like it. I walked him to school on Monday and I told my husband later, “This is really weird. I don’t even feel like crying. Maybe the whole post-pregnancy hormones are finally back to normal.” Then when I walked over to pick him up, I saw him lined up against the wall with the rest of his class and he looked so grown. I felt the familiar lump in my throat and my eyes started welling up with tears. I looked away quickly and managed to keep myself together long enough to find his teacher and ask how he did. She said, “He did really well. We’re still working on learning the rules and he’s got a lot of energy, but overall it went well.” A lot of energy, huh? I think that’s code for “holy crap, your child needs to be on ADHD meds.” I’m telling you, he has fully earned the nickname Crackhead. His teacher seems really nice though so we’ll see how the year goes. Here are some pictures:

He looks thrilled in this picture, no? I assure you he was excited. He was just annoyed that we had to stop and take a picture. And how cute is he in his uniform? Even though he's attending public school, they have a uniform policy and let me just say that it made school shopping quick and painless, not to mention cheap. I hope he always has to wear a uniform.

And here we are on our way home. Sigh. My boy is growing up…

3 Comments:

Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

YAY! What a big kid! I'll tell ya, you did really really well yourself. I took Em to 2nd grade last week and she called me a big baby because I was crying! I sucked it up and fell apart in the minivan instead! What a big boy!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Oh, that will probably be me next year. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the same thing will happen when I send my kids off to school. I, too, am waiting to hear that Niklas needs ADHD meds--ha ha. If that backback is full it looks like it would pull him over backwards!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home