Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Six months

I know it’s a little late, but I have a couple of updates for you. Halloween went exceedingly well and our little Batman brought home an obscene amount of candy.

The real hit was the baby though. We dressed her up in a little ladybug costume and took her with us when the boy went trick-or-treating. People would make comments about how cute she was and offer us candy for her (we said no).

On our way around the block, she fell asleep in her daddy’s arms and one lady commented that she looked like one of the Anne Geddes calendar babies. I agreed with her.



And that brings me to the other update: Kelsey turned 6 months old a few days before Halloween.

She is almost ready to sit without support and she has started eating some baby foods. In this picture she is sitting in her bouncy seat, which is one of her favorite things to do.

She loves to laugh at her brother and she’s very ticklish. She also likes to grab your cup and gum it to death, like she's doing here with her Grammy.

She’s also starting to go through the beginning phases of separation anxiety where she cries if I leave the room, even if her daddy is holding her. She also cries if set her down so I can go to the bathroom, and heaven forbid, if I turn my back on her so I can cook dinner. It’s very frustrating and hard to get anything done because I have to think up new ways to entertain her while I go about doing what I need to do every day. Braden helps to a certain extent, but she seems to be pretty attached to mama so there are times when only mama will do. But that’s all a normal part of development and this too shall pass.

She's a cutie, that's for sure.

PS: DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TODAY!

5 Comments:

Blogger KatyaR said...

OMG, could she be any cuter? Maybe we should start calling her "Ladybug."

No Spiderman this year? I'm disappointed . . . .

10:11 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Yeah, well at first he wanted to be a race car driver and then all of a sudden he was all Batman. He would tell complete strangers everywhere we went that he was going to be Batman. He even insists on wearing his Batman underwear every. single. day. And we only have 3 pair which means he's disappointed 4 days out of the week. But he now carries a Batman backpack to school so that makes him happy. And you know I'm all about making him happy.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just LOVED all those pictures! She DOES look like an Anne Geddes baby!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last picture is soooo cute! She's getting so big, so fast!

12:24 PM  
Blogger The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Hey Missy,

Your little girl is so Precious! OMG! And I'm not one to rave about kids, trust me. Thank God I'm not a mom because if I had a kid that cute, I'd probably have her modeling. She is such a doll! And your little man is so dashing in his batman outfit! It was great fun to see your pictures as my own nieces and nephews are all grown up and kids don't come trick or treating around my 'hood. Thanks for sharing!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home