Friday, July 10, 2009

Project

Last night I went to a class at a local store here called The Paper Crown. I saw the project example in the store and immediately fell in love, but I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to pull it off. After taking the class, I can’t believe how easy it was. Seriously.

The background is a torn up Simplicity pattern, the skirt is a paper that features French post cards, the top of the dress is a paper with flocked polka dots, and the scallop at the bottom and ribbon across the midriff are a black and white striped paper.
The polka dots on the skirt are pieces of tissue paper. Of course, I added a picture of my girl to personalize it a little bit. It's going to hang in her room, after all.

And then we embellished with buttons, wired a hangar through the canvas, and painted around edges.

Quick and easy. It’s basically just decoupage, and now that I’ve made one, I want to do more. I'm thinking something in camo for my son's room...

1 Comments:

Blogger TexInTheCity said...

Ok that is SUPER CUTE!

Oh and when my life calms down and I am blogging again, I am dedicating a post to you. You inspired me to look into something!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home