Monday, March 30, 2009

Another actual conversation

There is a high school age girl who volunteers in one of the labs where I work. I usually have to unlock the door for her and today as we walked down the hall, this is the conversation we had:

Girl: So is that thing on your desk something you are knitting?

Me: Yes. It's a dress for my daughter's Build-a-Bear.

Girl: It looks really small, like for a baby. I didn't think you had a grandbaby or anything.

Me: No.....but I do have a two year-old.

And then inside my head I called her a bitch and walked back to my desk. I know I'm technically old enough to have a grandchild, but seriously. It almost makes me want to look into Botox.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shan said...

HA! So it is happening to you as well. At least she didn't totally assume you had grandkids like the lady at the cell phone store did to me. I might have to come back to work for the Oral surgeon group near you so we can get some facial touch ups. Baha

I think you look just as young as you always have if my aged opinion matters at all. ;)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, botox is a wonderful thing! Had it once and am getting it again! Have to get rid of that angry looking furrow between my brows. Don't want to become a botox junkie because I worry about the long term effects. I remember the first time I got it, I was at a family gathering and my sister-in-law was telling me her sister was diagnosed with cancer and I couldn't make my face express any concern... isn't that terrible? I'm sure she was wondering what was wrong with my face! LOL Can't remember my user name or password... SAD!

Lisa

8:35 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thank you, Shan. And that would be a blast if you moved back this way and went to work here again. We could get lunch facials.

Lisa, that cracked me up!

12:01 PM  
Blogger The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Hey Missy,

It just occurred to me, this girl probably came from a family that kept having kids at 16. So, yeah, I guess a grandma at 32 would follow then...

Scary!

Best,
Andrea

11:57 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Oh, how rude..I would have wanted to say something to get back at her! But I would feel so bad if I did.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home