Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A belated birthday post

It was recently brought to my attention by my good friend and auntie to my kids, KatyaR, that I neglected to show pictures of the boy’s sixth birthday. We did have a party for him and quite a few of his school classmates came to help celebrate at Incredible Pizza.

Do you have an Incredible Pizza? It’s sort of like a Chuck E. Cheese on steroids, but without the creepy mechanical singing animals. They have pizza (obviously) and all the usual arcade games that you would expect, plus an indoor go kart track, miniature golf, bumper cars, and a little playland just for toddlers. It’s pretty awesome. Along with that much awesomeness comes so much noise and lights and, well, it’s enough stimulation overload to make an adult want to find a dark corner somewhere and curl up in the fetal position. I managed to do ok for the 2 hours we were there, but as soon as my husband said he was ready to go, I may have sprinted to the car not even bothering to look back and see if my family was following. Good times.

Mmmm, cake.

The winner!

There are more pictures HERE if you want to see the rest.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no comparison between Incredible Pizza and Chuck E. Cheese. We love Incredible Pizza! Sometimes I wish we lived closer to OKC so we could do birthday parties in places like that more often.

Our 6 year old has one of those ribbons, too. :)

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, no Incredible Pizza here.

Happy Birthday, 'Crackhead'! lol

9:04 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Hi Missy, sorry I didn't check sooner. Of course we don't have one here--boo hoo--but I checked out the webpage (to keep up with US culture). Just curious--how much does it cost? Are all the arcaded games more? How much? It looked like quite a party for Braden! I can't even imagine all the work--and you didn't even have it at your house. Did you have to pay for every child and adult? How much did it add up? Jenna's birthday is next month and I have no idea of what to do. It is actually on Mother's Day--appropiate since that is the day I became a mother too, and our huge Adoption Symposium the day before (which I am the coordinator) so I think we will celebrate the next weekend. I just don't know yet what theme I will do or how many kids.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to the Boy!

I don't like either, I'm a little too over simulated at both! LOL

10:56 PM  
Blogger Shan said...

Oh I'm glad to "find" your blog! I can just hear you with your casual delivery of this story. Taking in all the action cool as a cucumber and then at the slightest mention of leaving, bolting for the nearest exit! Wahha!
We took G boy there(in the name of birthday) last year maybe when we were in OKC and my jaw was on the floor at the buffet and seating options, not to mention all the games and such. WHOA! Ca Raz Y! :D
Glad little fella had a good party! He's a cutie.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home