Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm not a morning person

If a certain boy doesn’t stop waking me up at 5:00 or 5:30 in the morning, he may not live to see his 6th birthday. It has become a habit of late, even on the weekends, and this morning he visited me twice between 5:00 and 6:00am. It would be a different story if he were sick or something, but he is waking me up to tell me about the dream he just had, or to ask me some inane question that should not be asked at the unholy hour of 5:00am - questions like, “Hey mom, remember that guy on the Star Wars Lego game with the 4 arms and they all had light sabers? He’s so cool!” Yeah, good times.

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Yeah, good times - NOT. :)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my house. I'm so looking forward to the years when I'm prying them out of bed.

4:49 PM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

Just keep repeating:

"I love my children."

"I love my children."

"I love my children . . . ."

7:38 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

There is nothing that can get my ire up as this topic. Why can't they obey the rules and just sleep until the designated time?!

8:05 AM  
Blogger The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Oh dear...could you keep him up late and maybe he'll sleep in? I love the photo of your kids below...the are just beautiful! That said, am now going to read your update!!!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know, I have something for you at my blog. :)

http://sleepingmommy.com/?p=482

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) I know the feeling. I have to drag my girls out of bed Monday - Friday, but on the weekends when we can sleep in they are up at 6:00 am tapping me on the forehead asking, "Mom, mom, are you awake? Yes? Ok, just checking." Then come back in in 15 minutes to do the same thing! My only hope is that they have children that do the same to them!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home